The Folk Festival will run from 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM on Saturday, June 1 at the Albuquerque International Balloon Museum in Albuquerque.
If you want an overview of everything that's going on during the day, download a complete schedule as a PDF file. And if you want a more detailed preview, you can download our complete program as a PDF file.
Friday, May 31
- 3:00 PM - Free camping area opens
- Evening - Jamming at the campsite
Saturday, June 1
- 8:00 AM - Instrument Checkroom available
- 10:00 AM - Gates open
- 10:00 AM - Start signing up for the Band Scramble
- 10:00 AM - KUNM starts broadcasting live from the Mt. Taylor Stage
- 10:00 AM - Sunny Birklund and the Puppet Playhouse Giant Puppets start strolling the grounds 10:00 AM - Performances and signups start at the Sign-up Stage.
- 10:30 AM - All venues open
- 3:30 PM - Final deadline for Band Scramble signup
- 4:15 PM - Band Scramble assignments announced
- 4:30 PM - Some venues close for Band Scramble practice
- 5:00 PM - Planet Music closes
- 5:30 PM - Band Scramble at the Jemez Stage
- 7:30 PM - Singalong at the Jemez Stage
- 7:30 PM - ASD Barn Dance with Cathy Faber's Swing' Country Band begins in the Dance Tent
- 7:30 PM - FolkMADS Contra Dance with the Albuquerque Megaband and DeLaura Padovan begins in the indoor dance area.
- 9:00 PM - Last call to get your instruments from the instrument check room.
- 11:00 PM - The party's over...until next year! (But they might still be jamming in the camping area!)
Sunday, June 2
- 2:00 PM - Free camping area closes
Many great performers are scheduled on three stages from 10:30 AM to 9:30 PM. Back this year: Several performers are performing more than once, so you'll have more choice balancing all the other things there are to do at the Festival.
In addition to the scheduled performances, the Sign-up Stage is returning this year. There'll be a new act every 45 minutes, starting at 10:00 am.
Get moving with dance workshops in two venues plus two evening dances on Saturday night.
Jam With The Band!
Here’s where musicians can play or sing along with a few of our great bands. It’s ok just to listen too. Come on out and meet the up-and-coming folk and traditional music bands on the local music scene.
At the hosted jams, hosts are there to encourage musicians to pick a song or start a song and to make sure that everyone gets an opportunity to participate. In addition, hosts bring their own unique flare to the jam.
Our popular Band Scramble gives musicians and dancers of all levels a chance to be a Main Stage Performer at the Albuquerque Folk Festival.
Participation is the name of the game at our wide variety of music and song workshops. Bring an acoustic musical instrument and/or your singing voice and join the fun.
Hear a wonderful tale from some of our best local storytellers.
While all of our workshops are open to participants of all ages, sessions at the Children's Tent are tailored to get kids and families started enjoying home made music.