We're working on 2017 information.
We're back at last year's location: The Albuquerque International Ballooon Museum. We're busy planning what should be the best Albuquerque Folk Festival yet, with camping and jamming Friday and Saturday nights, and entertainment, workshops, and dancing all day Saturday, June 3. As soon as we have final information, we'll put it up here. In the meantime, we've left the 2016 information up so you can get a feel for the fun you'll have at the Albuquerque Folk Festival.
What, where, when and how to get there:
- A participatory festival where you can learn how to sing, dance and play or just jam with other musicians to your heart's content. Plus, great entertainment! See the Festival Overview for more information.
- Albuquerque Balloon Museum, 9201 Balloon Museum Dr. NE, Albuquerque, NM (map)
Saturday, June 4, 2016
Gates open at 10 am. Activities go from 10:00 am - 10:30 pm.
- Camping available Friday at 3 pm until Sunday at noon so you can spend the weekend at the Festival.
- Saturday, June 4, 2016
- Parking is FREE!
- The Balloon Museum is conveniently located just off the North Diversion Channel bike path. This year, you can ride your bike on this trail all the way to our secure bike valet, where volunteers will tag and store your bike for you. The valet will be on the north side of the Balloon Museum (south of the Balloon Fiesta Park; look for a bright yellow flag) and will be open from 8 am until 11 pm or whenever the last bike is picked up (whichever is earlier. Once you've dropped off your bike simply walk to the south entrance of the museum for admission to the Fest.
Food and Drink:
Cooking - Filipino chicken adobo, Pansit (Filipino rice noodles), BBQ pulled pork, burgers and french fries, ribbon fries, fresh squeezed lemonade, iced tea.
- Dine and Dash - Green chile burger, chile relleno burger, BBQ, sandwiches, subs, wraps, dogs, breakfast burritos, funnel fries, churros, powerade, lemonade, energy drink
- Hot Stuff Hawaiian Shave Ice - Hawaiian Shave Ice and fresh fruit drinks
- Kimo Hawaiian BBQ - Teri chicken, Teri beef, pulled pork plates and sandwiches, spam musubi, loco mocos, Hawaiian drinks, mac salad and rice.
- La Vida Mocha - Espresso truck providing all types of iced and hot coffee drinks: mochas, lattes, fraps, cappuccinos, and regular brewed coffee. Also smoothies, aguas frescas, pastries
- Pop Fizz - Natural fruit and other flavors of popsicles, and ice cream tacos
- Scottish Pie Shop - Traditional Scottish cooking featuring Scottish Steak Pie, Scottish Shepherd's Pie, Scottish Bangers, Scottish Sausage Rolls, Scottish Steak Bridies, Scotch Eggs, and Haggis, all made with loving care the old fashioned way.
- Street Food Boulevard - Gourmet tacos, gourmet nachos, deep fried desserts (twinkies, cupcakes), sports drinks, sodas
- Street Food Institute - artisan style cuisine, scratch made tacos, sandwiches, and more. All made with international inspirations and locally sourced foods, featuring Korean BBQ pork tacos, crispy pork belly Bahn-Mi, and other unique offerings
Dogs are not allowed at the Festival.
However, you may have your dog on a leash at the Festival camp site. If you choose to have your dog at the camp site, remember: Ensure its well-being (don't leave it in a car or on a short chain without water) and be sure to clean up after it.
- Onsite camping is FREE! You can camp from Friday at 4 pm until Sunday at noon. Here are camping rules and a map..
- $20 At the gate for all day Saturday (including evening dances)
- FREE Children 11 and under and seniors (85+)
- $5 Children 12-18 $15 Seniors (65+), military, and students 18-25 (all with ID)
See our ticket information page for more details.
- Advance tickets are available now at these locations:
- Apple Mountain Music, 10301 Comanche Rd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87111, 505-237-2048, firstname.lastname@example.org (Map)
- Baum's Music, 2908 Eubank Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112, 505-292-0707, email@example.com (Map)
- Grumpy's Guitars, 5015 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110, 505-255-0599, firstname.lastname@example.org (Map)
- Guitar Vista, 3117 Silver Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106, 505-268-1133, email@example.com (Map)
- Music Go Round, 7116 Menaul NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110, 505-875-0110 (Map)
- Music Mart, 3301 Carlisle Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110, 505-889-9777, firstname.lastname@example.org (Map)
- West Side:
- Santa Fe:
- Performances on five stages
- Music & Dance Workshops all day long
- Evening Dance programs
- Open jam sessions, all levels
- Free Instrument Check Room! (Saturday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm)
- Plenty of places for spontaneous jam sessions
- Vendors selling strings, instruments and folk related items.
- Free camping (and jamming) on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Bring "closet" instruments (Instruments hanging around in closets) to donate to the festival.